Equipment Operator, Knowledge of layout and fine grading
Byler Excavating, LLC, a leading residential and commercial excavator in the Binghamton area, is seeking a full-time heavy equipment operator with the potential to become a foreman. Come join a smooth running, steadily growing organization, and contribute to our continued success. Since we serve local municipalities, retail stores, and various developers with site preparation for new construction, the operator must:
1. Have 2 years’ equipment operator experience. CDL class A is a plus. Experience with reading prints and doing layout is a plus.
2. Operate multiple pieces of heavy equipment as needed.
3. Be capable of reading blueprints and implementing the job to match them with an efficient action plan for the crew.
4. Like to work with people. Be good with various personalities on the company team and other work relationships.
5. Be able to give direction and communicate effectively to ensure everyone is on the same page.
6. Have an understanding or be willing to learn GPS equipment for projects.
7. Be willing to occasionally work up to 90 minutes away from home.
8. Be positive, self-motivated, enjoy learning new types of projects.
9. Expect to attend weekly company meetings for scheduling and planning the week ahead.
10. Have or be willing to get OSHA 30 and dig safe certificate.
Additionally, it is expected that you familiarize yourself with plans, specs and complete project before showing up on project to keep maximum efficiency.
If this job description and list of traits piques your interest, we urge you to apply.
If these do not describe you or your skill set, then please do not apply. We are very clear on who will be the perfect hire.
For the person we select, we offer:
Confidentiality of all applicants
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70-100k/yr. depending on ability to excel in the role.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience leading public and private projects. Preferably specifically site development, with all site utilities.
High School Diploma+ preferred.
Paid time off
Schedule: 8 hour shift
COVID-19 considerations: Please wear a mask to the office and on-site if distancing isn't possible.
Ability to commute/relocate:
Harpursville, NY 13787: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Heavy equipment operation: 1 year (Preferred)
License/Certification: CDL A (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Byler Excavating is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace.