Byler Excavating, LLC, a leading residential and commercial excavating company in the Binghamton area, is seeking a full or part time dump truck driver/laborer who will act (care) as if the owner of the company. Come join a smooth running, steadily growing organization, and contribute to our continued success. Here at Byler Excavating our core values are Integrity first, teamwork, communication & continuous self improvement. Come join our team with a chance to grow as a person to maximize your potential.
Since we serve local municipalities, retail stores, and various developers with site preparation for new construction, the most important parts of the position are (listed by priority):
- Must be highly motivated.
- Must have a general thirst for knowledge and love to learn.
- Must be team oriented.
- Must have a full understanding your job and seek to improve.
- Love driving trucks.
- Must keep truck clean, pressure wash weekly at company facility.
- Check oil daily, have common knowledge about trucks and engines.
- Care as much about the business, employees, and customers as the owners & acting accordingly.
- Being punctual, respectful and workable
- Must be able to follow directions and be en efficient yet safe driver.
- Must supply us with a driving record for the last 3 years.
- Must love getting out early and engage well with company team.
- Keep record of vehicle registrations and inspections.
- Keep Maintenance records for the truck you drive
- Must be able to work well with other team personnel in a collaborative manner.
- Must have a thirst for knowledge. Continuous improvement means learning new things daily.
- Personal Accountability - Being answerable for personal actions and those you manage.
- Must be willing to help team on site to make project efficient at all times.
If this job description and list of traits causes you to lean in, we urge you to apply. If these do not describe you or your skill set, then please do not apply. We are very clear on who will be the perfect hire.
For the person we select, we offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Confidentiality of all applicants
Job Type: Full to part time. (Flexible)
Salary: $18-45/hr. depending on prevailing wage status and ability to excel in the role.
- Must have 2 years of Dump truck Class B driving experience.
- Associate degree or more is preferred. High School Diploma with more relevant experience may be acceptable.
- Osha 10
Related keywords: dump truck driver, truck driver, driver, dump truck, class b driver, cdl driver, heavy equipment operator, construction, cdl
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Typical end time:
Typical start time:
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Type of Freight:
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $22.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Harpursville, NY 13787: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Dump truck: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location